Regarding pwiz for extracting extra metadata:
Our rawfile wrapper is a better bet if you're tied to c++, but if you just
want to experiment with what's available in the com interface, your best bet
is to access from managed code ala c#. Just add a reference to the xrawfile
dll and you're set.

-Matt
On Oct 12, 2010 9:07 AM, "Jeffrey Milloy" <jeffrey.a.mil...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Natalie. I am looking into msconvert to
> replace readw. Does msconvert check if the RAW file is "in aquisition"
> before generating the mzXML?
>
> First, when I try to build msconvert, I have the same problem. Maybe I
> should have titled my thread "Buliding tpplib" because that is where
> fann.h is required! A search for fann on the web gives a fast
> artificial neural network library - is this really what I need? Why am
> I unable to build tpplib out of the box, as others do?
>
> Secondly, I am currently interested the rawfile libraries in order to
> write some very short/simple code of my own. I am using readw as
> example code with working rawfile libs. In particular, I want to grab
> the comment and other header information in the RAW file in order to
> populate our in-house database. Is msconvert a more appropriate
> example to build from?
>

> On Oct 11, 6:14 pm, Natalie Tasman <natalie.tas...@insilicos.com>
> wrote:
>> As one of the main developers on ReAdW, I'd suggest switching to the
>> much more current msconvert program, part of the ProteoWizard project
>> and included in the TPP (though likely a newer version is available
>> directly from pwiz).  ReAW does not have a lot of attention on it,
>> versus the very-well maintained pwiz project.  If there's no
>> compelling reason to specifically use ReAdW, I'd switch.  If there is,
>> please let the pwiz team know so the functionality can be added to
>> msconvert.
>>
>> -Natalie
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Jeffrey Milloy
>>

>> <jeffrey.a.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm trying to build ReAdW under winxp.
>>
>> > After no success with Visual Studio 2010 Professional, I am using
>> > Visual Studio 2005 Professional.
>>
>> > I checked out tags/release_4-4-0/trans_proteomic_pipeline, and tried
>> > to build the ReAdW project under the Debug configuration. Everything
>> > went well until tpplib, where it could not find fann.h:
>>
>> > 6>C:\sashimi\trans_proteomic_pipeline\src\Parsers/Algorithm2XML/
>> > RTCalculator.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>> > 'fann.h': No such file or directory
>>
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> > Jeff
>>
>> > --
groups.google.com/group/spctools-discuss?hl=en.

http://groups.google.com/group/spctools-discuss?hl=en.