No problem, Steve.  I think this all looks great, but we definitely need to be
consistent. The advice we came up with in Appendix V was pretty well vetted, so
I think that’s safe to stay within those boundaries.

Along the same lines: this suggestion should NOT be added:  “The MIT and
BSD-1-Clause are

    examples of license headrs that would not allow this removal.”

That is making a license interpretation which SPDX does not do. Just like if a
copyright holder who uses GPL-x decides to only use the SPDX identifier may so
choose to do so; a copyright holder using MIT can decide whether they think
they have to use the whole license or can only use the SPDX id for MIT in each
source file. Either way, SPDX needs to be neutral here and not suggest one way
or the other.

Thanks for working on this!!

Cheers,

Jilayne