Check with your foam supplier on the life of the foam.  Not all will
last 3 years and life span can depend on the water quality too.

Again check with the supplier on the galvanized.  Some of the foams
react with Galvanized at certain concentration levels.  Usually it's not
a problem for foam-water systems as the foam isn't in the pipe for a
long duration of time.

Also don't forget to check about containment. In some jurisdictions this
type of discharge has to be contained and removed as hazardous waste.

What are you trying to protect?

Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Group
Mechanical Department