From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of John Irwin
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2018 11:08 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Abuse of 13D?

Ok someone help me make an argument that this is not a 13D installation. This
is the garage level of a two family home. However, the units are stacked on top
of each other. Both units share a single lead-in (also shared with domestic).
13D 2010 is pretty clear that garages are not sprinklered. Code analysis page
references NFPA 13 and not 13D. Sprinkler “engineered” page calls for 13D and
shows no floor control on the garage level. (I think at a minimum the storage
rooms need sprinklers as the garage exception is just for the garage)

What say you smart people?

[cid:image001.png@01D3A197.5B8FA2F0]