To further complicate things..  I removed all of the <cfqueryparam>s
and the code works.. I readd them and I get the same

Error Executing Database Query.
statement is not executing

The error occurred in
C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\testCF\cfc\myApp\appDAO.cfc:
line 92

The Stack Trace looks like :

java.sql.SQLException: statement is not executing
        at org.sqlite.Stmt.checkOpen(Stmt.java:41)
        at org.sqlite.PrepStmt.getUpdateCount(PrepStmt.java:86)
        at
coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunStatement.getUpdateCount(JRunStatement.java:277)
        at coldfusion.sql.Executive.getRowSet(Executive.java:513)
        at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:1205)
        at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:1008)
        at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:939)