Does anyone have any benchmarks to share that compare common SQLite
operations running under a 32 and 64 bit versions of SQLite? This
question is OS neutral so please feel to share your experience with 32
and 64 bit versions of Windows or Linux.

Background: Will 64 bit versions of SQLite buy us any significant
difference in performance? I may have a chance to get our department 64
bit AMD workstations with 8G, but I need to justify the extra cost
against a reasonable guess at what the performance improvement may be
against an equivalent 32 bit AMD 4G workstation. These workstations will
be processing very large text based log files (> 16G each). We will be
using Python 2.52 as our SQLite scripting tool.

Thank you,
Malcolm