I don't want to upset anyone here either since SQLite is a great database
but since you work with CF8 and so do I, I think its safe to say SQLite is
not the answer for you here. Derby offers a lot but why I suggested it is
because it comes out of the box with CF8. You will have more pain setting up
SQLite connectivity then with Derby. Plus you get to use all those
cfqueryparams!

Again don't want to upset anyone here but since I work a lot with CF I think
this is the best call for you. Heck if you paid for a CF8 license you might
as well use everything it has out of the box! I'm thinking it will do you
much better since if it has CF support you won't have to worry about the
drivers. Hope this helps out.

Ciao!
Javi