digimaster wrote:
> Very strange behavior, but what i read out off all the logs is, that
> there already is a copy off LMS running.
> And it can be started twice, with out errors.
> [ FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server
> running on this machine. (Address already in use)]
> So before you start QLogitechMediaServer, be sure no other copy is
> running.
> Do [ kill -9 $(ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer | awk '{ print $1}') ],
> before any thing to be sure that no copy is running.
> And then check it by [ echo $(ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer | awk '{
> print $1}') ], where is should give a empty line.
>
> Very strange that you're systems keep give QLogitechMediaServer error on
> startup.
> I think some has happend with you're QNap QTS while you where trying to
> make spotty work.
> Or there is something interfering with commands like ps, awk, grep and
> chown or chmod.

Kill -9 ... was no accepted on my system

Code:
--------------------

  kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or
kill -l [sigspec]

--------------------

I did [ echo $(ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer | awk '{ print $1}') ]
and [ echo $(ps | grep LogitechMediaServer | awk '{ print $1}') ], no
result.

I did also:

Code:
--------------------

  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer
  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep LogitechMediaServer
  7871 squeezeboxserver  74700 S   /usr/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl -
  28257 admin       536 S   grep LogitechMediaServer
  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep squeezeboxserver
  7871 squeezeboxserver  74700 S   /usr/bin/perl /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechM
  28116 admin       532 S   grep squeezeboxserver
  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # /bin/pidof slimserver.pl
  7871

--------------------

I killed the process and the [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start ], this
triggered a download, I guess there was a new nightly!
It download and installed, then QLMS launched without errors!

I did a status, everything was ok, I did a stop and then start. All
without errors, could there have been a bad nightly I was using before?
Or the download process during the installation process somehow gets
"corrupted"?

When everything seem to work I did this again:

Code:
--------------------

  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer
  29398 squeezeboxserver  75620 S < /usr/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl -

Why did this give a result now?

See attached logs if they reveal something...

|Filename: LogitechMediaServer.log                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24566|

NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ -QTS 4.2.6- (4x 2TB, RAID5)
Services: LMS- 7.9.1 -,  SSOTS- 4.14-
Squeezebox:  6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
Other:  iPeng on iPad and iPhone