Oke nice that it seems to work now.
Which version do you use now.
And yes maybe there was some thing wrong in the nightly build, we have
to keep in mind its a nightly build so for testing only.

But a strange thing you write thats kill -9 give you a error, this
should work if you put a pidnumber from a running program behind it.
kill -9 and kill -15 are used by the init-script to stop any process to
stop the services.

The best version to uses is v1.07.1 which is now availble in the
qnapclub appstore.

Regarding the perl path, thats correct as perl is symlinked to /usr/bin
but resist in /usr/local/perl/bin.
And the only thing i can think of could give you trouble, if a strange
sudo or renice command is installed.
Or you're sh/bash shell is a old version.
But this should not be the case, still think some thing on you're Qnap
is wrong, which has to do with when you tried to solve the spotty error
with ssots/ssods.

jasell wrote:
> Kill -9 ... was no accepted on my system

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> I did [ echo $(ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer | awk '{ print $1}') ]
> and [ echo $(ps | grep LogitechMediaServer | awk '{ print $1}') ], no
> result.
>
> I did also:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep
[L]ogitechMediaServer
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep LogitechMediaServer
  > 7871 squeezeboxserver  74700 S   /usr/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl -

--------------------

> I killed the process and the [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start ], this
> triggered a download, I guess there was a new nightly!
> It download and installed, then QLMS launched without errors!
>
> I did a status, everything was ok, I did a stop and then start. All
> without errors, could there have been a bad nightly I was using
> before? Or the download process during the installation process
> somehow gets "corrupted"?
>
> When everything seem to work I did this again:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep
[L]ogitechMediaServer
  > 29398 squeezeboxserver  75620 S < /usr/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl -

> Why did this give a result now?
>
> See attached logs if they reveal something...

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer and QOptware-NG.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
Serval raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*