Dave said:
> No offence taken, but I do have some comments, which are below...

> In the case of the NavBar, there was an existing JSP NavBar tag and I
> wanted to use that NavBar from Velocity.  In general, I think you
> (whoever you are) are correct: the Velocity template (or a Velocity
> macro) should be responsible for creating the HTML based on the model
> objects that have been placed into the context.
[snip]

yeah, i had a feeling it was something like that.  i can see that that is
useful for initial development, but unless you have some real need to keep
that HTML output always in sync with the NavBar tag, i think it would be
best to move away from that as you continue to develop the product.

Nathan Bubna
[EMAIL PROTECTED]