On 01/19/09 15:14, NO wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:

>>> P3H,
>>>
>>> Thank you again for the suggestions. I have completed compacting the
>>> folders and deleted the *.msf files and still cannot read the messages.
>>> I also, have looked at the edit > preferences to determine if there is
>>> something there which might affect the ability to read these messages
>>> and could not find one.
>>>
>>> Any ideas there?
>>>
>>> Thank you again,
>>>
>>> Samuel
>>
>> I wonder if you are now pointing to a different profile. If you have
>> SeaMonkey open, go to Tools -> Switch Profile and see if more than
>> one is listed. If there are, try switching to the other profile(s) and
>> see if your messages are there.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>
> Mark,
>
> Thank you for the input. There is only one profile there. Maybe I need
> to consider adding a profile?
>
> Thank you - Samuel

Well, the "profile" is where all the application settings, e-mail, etc.
are stored, and there is always one there.

If you add a new profile, you can see if a bad setting in your existing
profile is causing problems, but I wouldn't expect your e-mail to show up
there, as the e-mail will (should?) be in the original profile.

I think the next step is to look in your profile directory and see if the
e-mail files are there.

By the way, do you use POP e-mail? Do you leave your messages on the server?
The way most people use e-mail, they use POP and download the messages to
their local machine. In this case, each mail "folder" will be a separate
file under your profile directory.

Are the "mail folder" files there?