Lee wrote:
OK, here is what the problem was.  Contained in my
password file was the old one and the new one so
apparently it was reading the old one first and
causing my problems.  After deleting it I can send
and receive with no problem.  Thanks guys and girls
for all your help.  Who would have thought.  Guess I
had better check all my stored passwords to see if
there are any other duplicates.

Lee (in Florida)

Well I followed the instructions provided by Peter P.
and Rostyk and others am now able to receive email but cannot
send.  Just went through about 1/2 hour with AT&T CSR
with negative results, deleted SeaMonkey and reinstalled
with no luck.

I can use the browser no problem
I can receive email no problem
I can use the browser and get and send email with no problem
I can use the newsgroups also with no problem.

AT&T will call back to see if the reinstall did any good
which it did not so any tips this one has me beat.  I have
changed the password on my modem, router, and web site and
they all match.  They even did the remote connection and
could not figure it out.

Perplexed bothered and bewildered

L e e (in Florida)

Using Vista Premium
using SSL bolean
using the new pop and smtp setting
995 and 465
Seamonkey 1.1.14
Using McAfee Total Protection

a lesson: all your prefs, settings, bookmarks, mail, passwords, etc, are stored in an area called the SM Profile. This profile is separate from where the program is kept. When you uninstall the program, all you're doing is removing the program, the profile is not touched. Its the profile that is the cause of all your problems.

lesson 2: when a company changes their email from one company to another, do not changes the old settings. Its better to set up a new account. The same holds true for the SMTP (out going mail).

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm