NoOp wrote:
> On 04/10/2009 09:11 AM, Frank Wein wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:
>>> I normally do not run windows, and run linux instead. However I've been
>>> running WinXPPro (SP3) on a second machine to assist someone
>>> troubleshooting a SeaMonkey issue. I've run into an issue with upgrading
>>> from SM 1.1.14 to 1.1.15 and now 1.1.16 whereby I receive WinXP startup
>>> errors due to SM replacing the MAPI32.DLL in the Windows System32
>>> directory upon each upgrade. To add insult to injury... 1.1.15 & 1.1.16
>>> required reboots.
>>>
>>> If I leave the SM mapi32.dll installed, I received the following error
>>> on startup:
>> [...]
>>
>> Try deleting the registry key
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Desktop\Mapi_backup_dll (if it
>> exists, that is :).
>
> No key; I even did a registry search.
[...]

Hrm, strange. As far as I see this, there are two places in the code
where mapi32.dll can be replaced with the SeaMonkey mozMapi32.dll:
1) On install, but only if these two conditions are met:
299     // If Mapi_backup_dll *and* the default var of
300     // HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail is set, then install
301     // mozMapi32.dll to the windows system dir as Mapi32.dll.
2) When setting SeaMonkey MailNews as default mail client and the
Mapi32.dll file present is some old dll (as mentioned before) or another
strange version of the DLL. Here I wonder a bit: The Mapi32.dll I have
here on Windows XP has as version "1.0.2536.0" (5.1.2600.0 as product
version) and as description "Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows NT". You
mentioned as version "4.0.835.1374", what description does the DLL have?
I'm wondering if this is the original DLL from Windows XP or another
(3rd party?) DLL? Do you happen to have Exchange or Groupwise installed?

Frank