NoOp wrote:
> On 04/10/2009 05:19 PM, Frank Wein wrote:
[...]
>> Hrm, strange. As far as I see this, there are two places in the code
>> where mapi32.dll can be replaced with the SeaMonkey mozMapi32.dll:
>> 1) On install, but only if these two conditions are met:
>> 299     // If Mapi_backup_dll *and* the default var of
>> 300     // HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail is set, then install
>> 301     // mozMapi32.dll to the windows system dir as Mapi32.dll.
>> 2) When setting SeaMonkey MailNews as default mail client and the
>> Mapi32.dll file present is some old dll (as mentioned before) or another
>> strange version of the DLL. Here I wonder a bit: The Mapi32.dll I have
>> here on Windows XP has as version "1.0.2536.0" (5.1.2600.0 as product
>> version) and as description "Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows NT". You
>> mentioned as version "4.0.835.1374", what description does the DLL have?
>> I'm wondering if this is the original DLL from Windows XP or another
>> (3rd party?) DLL? Do you happen to have Exchange or Groupwise installed?
>>
>> Frank
>
> The mapi32.dll is microsoft:
> Company: Microsoft Corporation
> File Version: 4.0.835.1374
>
> The system had Groupwise & Exchange installed on it (since removed) and
> is valid.
[...]

Yes, that's probably the "problem" (well, actually it's a bug in the
code then). The code checks if the function "GetOutlookVersion" is
present in the mapi32.dll to see if the DLL is current enough (on old
systems like Win9x, there could be a DLL installed that did not support
Simple MAPI the way SeaMonkey uses it, so SeaMonkey had to replace it).
AFAIK this worked fine with the original mapi32.dll coming with IE 5.5,
6, 7 and various Outlook (Express) versions, but seems like this check
fails Groupwise as already noted in the bug. With SeaMonkey 2 this will
no longer be a problem as we never overwrite the mapi32.dll file in the
system folder. Thanks for testing.

Frank