NoOp wrote:
> I normally do not run windows, and run linux instead. However I've been
> running WinXPPro (SP3) on a second machine to assist someone
> troubleshooting a SeaMonkey issue. I've run into an issue with upgrading
> from SM 1.1.14 to 1.1.15 and now 1.1.16 whereby I receive WinXP startup
> errors due to SM replacing the MAPI32.DLL in the Windows System32
> directory upon each upgrade. To add insult to injury... 1.1.15 & 1.1.16
> required reboots.
>
> If I leave the SM mapi32.dll installed, I received the following error
> on startup:
[...]

Try deleting the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Desktop\Mapi_backup_dll (if it
exists, that is :). Then it should no longer replace the file. I'm not
sure why the registry entry might be there, just check if it is and
report back? Normally it should only exist when a very old IE version
(<5.5 as far as I know) was once installed, which can normally not be
the case on Windows XP.

Frank