Frank Wein wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 04/10/2009 05:19 PM, Frank Wein wrote:
[...]
Hrm, strange. As far as I see this, there are two places in the code
where mapi32.dll can be replaced with the SeaMonkey mozMapi32.dll:
1) On install, but only if these two conditions are met:
299     // If Mapi_backup_dll *and* the default var of
300     // HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail is set, then install
301     // mozMapi32.dll to the windows system dir as Mapi32.dll.
2) When setting SeaMonkey MailNews as default mail client and the
Mapi32.dll file present is some old dll (as mentioned before) or another
strange version of the DLL. Here I wonder a bit: The Mapi32.dll I have
here on Windows XP has as version "1.0.2536.0" (5.1.2600.0 as product
version) and as description "Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows NT". You
mentioned as version "4.0.835.1374", what description does the DLL have?
I'm wondering if this is the original DLL from Windows XP or another
(3rd party?) DLL? Do you happen to have Exchange or Groupwise installed?

Frank
The mapi32.dll is microsoft:
Company: Microsoft Corporation
File Version: 4.0.835.1374

The system had Groupwise&  Exchange installed on it (since removed) and
is valid.
[...]

Yes, that's probably the "problem" (well, actually it's a bug in the
code then). The code checks if the function "GetOutlookVersion" is
present in the mapi32.dll to see if the DLL is current enough (on old
systems like Win9x, there could be a DLL installed that did not support
Simple MAPI the way SeaMonkey uses it, so SeaMonkey had to replace it).
AFAIK this worked fine with the original mapi32.dll coming with IE 5.5,
6, 7 and various Outlook (Express) versions, but seems like this check
fails Groupwise as already noted in the bug. With SeaMonkey 2 this will
no longer be a problem as we never overwrite the mapi32.dll file in the
system folder. Thanks for testing.

Frank

Confirmed. I tested with the 4.0.835.1374 mapi32.dll file today - same way as outlined in my previous post with the 1.0.2536.0 mapi32.dll.

1.1.16 _does_ change it to the Mozilla version 0.8.0.0.
2.0a3 does not, it leaves it as 4.0.835.1374.

Gary