RF wrote:
Hiya SeaMonkies :-)

I have used TBird for many years and in that time for numerous reasons I had to transfer the user data to the new installation and it was the ultimate pain.

Now I am looking for something that is far less bloated, and still secure and simple. Simple enough to be able to transfer all the user data to a new installation of the program in less than about an hour.

I'm told it is a combination of a browser and email reader. One thing I absolutely require is emails in my computer - not on the ISPs websites with all of their crap ads.

TIA

Is this relevant?

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

SeaMonkey keeps the application-installation-stuff, separate-from the user's profile-personal- data/settings.
The personal-profile default-location differs for each system, as per:--
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/

This page might help with your Tb profile-data to SeaMonkey migration:--
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#fromFxTb