[25.05.2009 20:28]    »RF« wrote:
John Doue wrote:

The strong point of SM is combining a browser and an email program into one, as Netscape and Mozilla Suite did. Some prefer this approach, some don't.

The latest version of SM (1.1.16) is for me ideal: it combines the ease of use of TB and the (relative) simplicity of FF2 which I prefer by fare to FF3's.
Also "SM is combining a browser and an email program into one", SM 1.x doesn't have the Addon-Manager, that starts only with SM2.x . This FMPOV is a reason for "RF" NOT to move to SM right now ... as long as the SM2.x is finally released! See his problems with addons below ...

But Roger's point remains: whatever your beef against TB, moving to SM will not make eliminate its source.

This being said, welcome to the club if you decide to join!

My thanks to all for the responses.

The issues with transferring the accounts is only one of the regular problems I have had. I have to cope with the add-ons and have to change them regularly when the webmail and ypops stop working. Is it the same with the monkey?

TIA
The question is: what are your problems with "to cope with the add-ons and have to change them regularly when the webmail and ypops stop working." ?? Never heard of such problems/descriptions ... Maybe you are able to describe the cause of your problem and you find help how to solve them, BEFORE moving along ;-)
Günter