Richard Schaefer wrote:

Thanks for the SHIFT- click info, Paul; but it's insufficient.  Like
many people, I build up hundreds of cookies, so when I delete there
are some large blocks to delete.  SHIFT-click only allows me to
delete those cookies visible in the window, isn't that true?   When I
tried it and reached the bottom of the window, more cookies weren't
raised up into the window.  Therefore I was only able to delete about
25 cookies at a time.  This becomes tiresome when one has about 2-300
to delete.

In the applications which have it, sweep-highlighting continually brings more items into a window when one reaches the bottom.
Therefore one can highlight as many consecutive items as desired.  Is
there some other technique you know to delete 300 consecutive items
at a time?  If not, Seamonkey could use sweep-highlighting.  I'm
assuming the programming wouldn't be onerous since the capability is
already present in so many other applications.

Number 1: Please stop pruning out the entire message to which you're replying. It makes it hard for someone who comes along later to follow the thread.

Number 2: I can't imagine why you would ever want 300 cookies; the best cure for that, as someone else already said in this thread, is prevention. I myself accept only session cookies, and those only if they meet the specs of my cookie policy, q.v. So whenever I close SeaMonkey (and Mozilla before it), all cookies are purged. If a site wants to set another cookie when I return, fine.

The Cookie Manager allows you to set certain sites as "always allow" or "always block" with respect to cookies, and I use that to tweak my general policy.

For the mechanics of deleting all but a few, I probably would click the first, scroll to the end and SHIFT-click the last, and then CTRL-click to deselect the few I wanted to keep. But it will be almost as good -- and probably easier -- to just delete them all and let your favorite sites set fresh cookies the next time you visit.

Paul B. Gallagher