On 07/31/2009 02:27 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Martin Feitag wrote:
>> Bill Davidsen schrieb:

>>> Yes, that's kind of a show stopper. Requiring the user to do magic for
>>> something which should just WORK is going to keep some users from
>>> upgrading, and people who make use of multiple profiles probably are the
>>> kind of user you want saying good things about a new version.
>>
>> First of all Beta1 is the current one, not alpha3 ;-)
>>
> I didn't mention that to the O.P. since the problem remains...
>
>> Of course the migration of more profiles would be a luxury but you can
>> migrate with only a few steps:
>>
> The following is useful, but I suspect it's complex enough to confuse some
> people. And I haven't migrated a profile after it was renamed, hopefully that
> will work.
>
>> If you wish to migrate more than one profile or set the profile name,
>> run SeaMonkey with the following arguments (one after another):
>>             * Seamonkey -createProfile <ProfileName>
>>             * Seamonkey -P <ProfileName> -migration
>>
>> taken from:
>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey#SeaMonkey_2_profile_migration>
>> regards
>>
> Hopefully the original poster will see that. But I hope that by whenever the
> actual release takes place that this won't be needed. I doubt I have more
> than
> three useful profiles on any one machine, but I do know people who have many.
> Particularly Windows people who seem to share logins more than Mac/Linux
> folks.
>
> Thanks for the link.

Further down it shows a "Import Wizard" showing multiple profiles:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey#Import_Wizard>
Does this not work? Or is that the issue, that you can only select one
at time?

I found that on linux if I use:

$ <pathtoseamonkey>./seamonkey -migration
it opens the wizard.