NoOp wrote:
On 08/01/2009 08:35 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 08/01/2009 03:31 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Further down it shows a "Import Wizard" showing multiple profiles:
Does this not work? Or is that the issue, that you can only select one
at time?
I have installed and uninstalled B1 three times and cannot open the "Import Wizard" at all on install NO 2 and No 3. It did show up on the first install. Apparently the uninstall (Windows XP remove) is leaving some thing in some folder somewhere that is preventing the "Import Wizard" from running at all on Installs No 2 or No 3.
Possible - see my last #12,13,14 comments:

Trying the command
options will add the profile to the list but the -migrate option does not get the information from 1.17. The only way to get the information into the newly added profile is to add it manually.
I've just tested on Win2KPro by:

1. Creating an additional profile (tests) in 1.1.17 and adding this
newsgroup to it so I can test,
2. Opening the import wizard in 2.0b1 by running SeaMonkey
C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey\seamonkey -migration

and the import wizard comes up showing both my default 1.1.17 *and* the
newly created 'tests' profile. Tick the 'tests profile, import it,
reopen 2.0b1, and the 'tests' profile is there & working just fine.

So, for me it does indeed work. I can test on WinXP tomorrow

Also just uninstalled 2.0b1 (including profile) and reinstalled; on this
reinstall 2.0b1 prompts me on the import wizard for both the 'default'
and the 'tests' profiles.

Many thanks for trying that and letting me know the results. It should, therefore, work on my computer. I'm going to restore the C: partition and start over again to see if that works. I'll let you know what happens but it will take a while to do it. Thanks again for your help.