NoOp wrote:
On 07/31/2009 02:27 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
Bill Davidsen schrieb:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
I was running SM 2.0a3 on WinXP for about an hour but decided to
revert back to 1.17. I uninstalled with "Remove Programs" from XP
Control settings and then re-installed 1.17 with no problem.

My main reason for uninstalling was the inability of the SM 2.0a3 to
import all 8 of my profiles. It would only import 1. I understand
there are work arounds (discussed in another thread) for this problem.
However, I would really like SM 2.0a3 to give me the option of
clicking on all of the profiles for import instead of just one.
Yes, that's kind of a show stopper. Requiring the user to do magic for
something which should just WORK is going to keep some users from
upgrading, and people who make use of multiple profiles probably are the
kind of user you want saying good things about a new version.
First of all Beta1 is the current one, not alpha3 ;-)

I didn't mention that to the O.P. since the problem remains...

Of course the migration of more profiles would be a luxury but you can
migrate with only a few steps:

The following is useful, but I suspect it's complex enough to confuse some people. And I haven't migrated a profile after it was renamed, hopefully that will work.

If you wish to migrate more than one profile or set the profile name,
run SeaMonkey with the following arguments (one after another):
            * Seamonkey -createProfile <ProfileName>
            * Seamonkey -P <ProfileName> -migration

taken from:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey#SeaMonkey_2_profile_migration>
regards

Hopefully the original poster will see that. But I hope that by whenever the actual release takes place that this won't be needed. I doubt I have more than three useful profiles on any one machine, but I do know people who have many. Particularly Windows people who seem to share logins more than Mac/Linux folks.

Thanks for the link.

Further down it shows a "Import Wizard" showing multiple profiles:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey#Import_Wizard>
Does this not work? Or is that the issue, that you can only select one
at time?

I have installed and uninstalled B1 three times and cannot open the "Import Wizard" at all on install NO 2 and No 3. It did show up on the first install. Apparently the uninstall (Windows XP remove) is leaving some thing in some folder somewhere that is preventing the "Import Wizard" from running at all on Installs No 2 or No 3. Trying the command options will add the profile to the list but the -migrate option does not get the information from 1.17. The only way to get the information into the newly added profile is to add it manually.

Fortunately, I'm trying this on a test computer so it doesn't affect my main operation which is still on 1.17.

I found that on linux if I use:

$ <pathtoseamonkey>./seamonkey -migration
it opens the wizard.