Sue Morton wrote:
The only point in question for me, is the phrase, "We assume....".  This
'read' that SM devs are assuming some malware gets added in because of using
7zip :-)  Just a first impression upon reading the phrase, I'm fairly
certain you were referring to the collective 'we'.  In re-reading the
paragraph I think that entire sentence could be dropped

Probably, I just thought it might be good to offer an idea who the anti-virus companies come to even list 7zip in their malware definitions, to not make them look like jerks. But probably it's not our job to find out why anti-virus companies are getting it wrong ;-)

Robert Kaiser