Sue Morton wrote:
All as I suspected...  With so many people using SM, I thought I might see
something about this false positive, on the site somewhere.  But I did not
find it... thanks for reassurance :-)

I just added the following item to the "Troubleshooting" section of the SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 release notes I'm preparing:

Some anti-virus software keeps detecting our installers as containing a "Trojan" or "Downloader". This is a false positive and is some wrong detection mechanism in the anti-virus software. The code in question is actually from 7zip and decompesses the installer so that it's contents can run and install SeaMonkey. We assume that some malware code also gets compressed with the free 7zip tools and the anti-virus companies wrongly detect that perfectly sane code instead of the actually bad code. Mozilla scans all our files routinely when putting them on the FTP server and we assure you that our installers are as clean as the official Firefox downloads that are scanned by the same mechanisms.

Does this paragraph sound clear and understandable enough?

Robert Kaiser