Hi Robert,

Thank you for doing this :-)

The only point in question for me, is the phrase, "We assume....".  This
'read' that SM devs are assuming some malware gets added in because of using
7zip :-)  Just a first impression upon reading the phrase, I'm fairly
certain you were referring to the collective 'we'.  In re-reading the
paragraph I think that entire sentence could be dropped:

-----------------------------------
"The code in question is actually from 7zip and decompesses the installer so
that it's contents can run and install SeaMonkey. Mozilla scans all our
files routinely when putting them on the FTP server and we assure you that
our installers are as clean as the official Firefox downloads that are
scanned by the same mechanisms."
-----------------------------------

I do believe this will be helpful to people coming to the site.  Many of my
friends and family are not 'technically inclined' and will not delve into
any mysteries.  I have 'beat' them into practicing computing safety for so
long, if they see a scan 'positive' they will move on until they find
something without any warnings.  Of course I have also beat them for
believing everything they read on the internet :-) so they are just as
unlikely to believe this disclaimer.  Nonetheless the disclaimer provides
information about what is likely a continually-encountered issue with the
installers, and shows that SM community is aware of it.

Thank you again for your consideration of adding this info to the site.
--
Sue Morton