Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>In my work I need to monitor local deaths at this site:
><http://www.montcopa.org/registerofwillsorphanscourt/rwocviewer/>

Ah. Clerical staff. That explains a lot.

It's hard enough for a technical staff to implement
the specs that the customer's contract list.
When the marketing boys get their fingers into things
and start expanding the *want* list,
things get exponentially more difficult.

   The job of a browser:
Take the HTML code on an HTML page
and translate it into a corresponding display on the screen
(or do whatever is asked by that STANDARD code).

   What you want:
Besides rendering STANDARD code,
make provisions in the browser's codebase
for all 237 ways that a clumsy page builder can screw that up.
Now multiply that by the number of HTML instructions available.

Like I said: exponentially more difficult.
If you had ever done any technical development work,
you would see what a burden that puts on the browser developers
--and it is completely UNNECESSARY.

   A method to resolve this:
Have the browser developers incorporate
the HTML Validator extension into the core code.
When a crap site is encountered, a box pops up.
If the page has <20 errors, the box is small.
If the page has 20 < errors > 100, the box is larger.
If the page has >100 errors, the box covers the screen and says
"THE DEVELOPER OF THIS PAGE IS A MORON.
YOU WILL NEED TO USE A WEB BROWSER
DEVELOPED BY MORONS TO VIEW IT.

There.  Problem solved.