Hello.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04, which is the latest LTS version of Ubuntu.

The latest version of SeaMonkey, that is available for this version of Ubuntu, from the Ubuntu repository, is SeaMonkey 1.1.17

My experience of this version of SeaMonkey, is that it consistently crashes. If I leave one or more browser windows open, and lock the computer screen, and walk away, and come back later, SeaMonkey can be relied on to have crashed.

From what I understand, with MS Windows 95, that operating system would
run for 29 days (I think it was), and then it was supposed to crash.

SeaMonkey cannot run for anywhere near that length of time. Sometimes, maybe a few hours, sometimes, maybe a day or two, sometimes, if lucky, a few days. But, not much longer than that, very often.

With gxine, I found two web sites (one being the 2009 World Masters Games web site), that would cause a system crash, every time the web site was visited. The other web site is a loony political party web site, that I found.

SeaMonkey would open many pop-ups, that I cannot prevent, and then the system would crash. One of the pop-ups that was opened, that I saw, just before bthe syetm crashed, was gxine.

I removed gxine from the system, and that got rid of the system crash problem, from those two web sites.

But, SeaMonkey is still completely unstable, on this computer running Ubuntu 8.04.

Does anyone else have this problem?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale