On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Martin Freitag wrote:

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:32:16 +0200
From: Martin Freitag <prof_nosp...@quantentunnel.de>
To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Newsgroups: mozilla.support.seamonkey
Subject: Re: SeaMonkey 1.1.17 instability

Bret Busby schrieb:

I don't have Flash installed (I won't have anything to do with it), and
I do not have Java enabled for SeaMonkey. I try also to avoid having
anything to do with Java.

When I leave SeaMonkey running and it crashes, as far as I am aware, it
is not using any plugins.

Two of the web sites that I access, in one of my browser windows (a
particular bookmark set includes the two web sites), auto refresh, one
about every ten minutes, the other, I am not sure of the frequency. I
have not been able to find how to stop the auto-refreshing and thus how
to instead use only manual refreshing.

One web site is an online news web site, and the other is a weather
observation web site. The weather one is the one that auto-refreshes at
ten minute intervals.

But, that auto-refreshing, should surely not cause the application to crash
Auto-Refresh is no feature of SM afaik. Have you tried using these
websites with a new SM-profile? (whithout installing any extension for
the first start)
regards

Martin

From what I understand, auto-refreshing is an HTML or javascript
functionality, which is interpreted by the browser, rather than being funtionality of the browser. Thus, it is the code on the particular web pages, rather than something from within SeaMonkey, that causes the auto-refreshing.

In reading the weather observations web page agin, after posting the message above, I found that the observations are updated every ten minutes, and the web page reloads every five minutes. Nothing significantly different to what I said above, I think, but it needed correcting.

Apart from using the Classic theme, and Adobe Reader, which does not apply to the particular web pages, I believe that I have no extensions of plugins installed on this installation of SeaMonkey.

Is there a simple way of finding what, if any, extensions and/or plugins are insstalled and linke to a SeaMonkey installation?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale