On 10/14/2009 9:37 PM, KristleBawl wrote:
> Russell wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:47:06 -0400, KristleBawl <kristleb...@some.email>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Open about:config (type it in your address bar and press Enter)
>>> Proceed past the warning. Right-click somewhere in the list, and choose
>>> New > Boolean. Enter network.protocol-handler.expose.mailto as the name
>>> and set the value to true.
>> Hi KristleBawl,
>>
>> I celebrated too soon... :-(
>>
>> I reinstalled Seamonkey 2 RC thinking that the above would work and I could
>> start using it for day-to-day browsing. But for some reason it does not.
>> Still
>> launches its built-in email client when clicking on mailto links.
>>
>> Have you tried the above with success?
>>
>> Russell.
>>
> After the above, make sure Seamonkey is *not* the default mail client
> (it probably becomes default during installation) and open your
> preferred mail client and reset it as the default.  It should work.

If user.js still works with SM 2, set the preferences there instead of
using about:config.  With SM 1.1.x, this is a text file.  Whatever
installed default setting SeaMonkey has for a preference, user.js
overrides it.

The format is
        user_pref("network.protocol-handler.expose.mailto", true);
The semi-colon at the end is required; many users forget it and then
wonder why it doesn't work.  Making this work also requires completely
terminating SeaMonkey and then restarting it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>