On 10/19/09 06:43, Ant wrote:
> On 10/19/2009 12:39 AM PT, Martin Freitag typed:

>>> Here's a screen capture (censored out sensitive e-mail addresses)
>>> example: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1275/screenshotlu.gif ... I
>>> replied to an old e-mail last night (10/17/2009) at 10:49 PM PDT.
>>> Shouldn't this thread be at the very top (sorted from newest at top to
>>> oldest at bottom)?
>>
>> Um, if you sort by Date, there should be an arrow in the
>> date-column-header I think.
>> http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4849/sortbydate.png
>> regards
>
> When I click on Date column's header, then I lose the threading format. :(

Phil,

  When you look at your View menu in Mail & Newsgroups, do you have both
Sort By and Threads sub-menus?

  Here is what I use:

  View -> Sort By -> Order Received
  View -> Sort By -> Ascending (or Descending, if you prefer)
  View -> Sort By -> Threaded

  (in my version, all three can be selected at the same time), then

  View -> Threads -> All (or whatever you want)

  Does this not do what you want?

Best Regards,