On 10/19/2009 7:17 AM PT, Mark Hansen typed:

When I click on Date column's header, then I lose the threading format. :(

Phil,

  When you look at your View menu in Mail & Newsgroups, do you have both
Sort By and Threads sub-menus?

  Here is what I use:

  View -> Sort By -> Order Received
  View -> Sort By -> Ascending (or Descending, if you prefer)
  View -> Sort By -> Threaded

  (in my version, all three can be selected at the same time), then

  View -> Threads -> All (or whatever you want)

  Does this not do what you want?

Perfect. I didn't check the options in menus. Thanks! :)
--
"Ant colonies are remarkably similar to cities. No one choreographs the action, not even the queen ant, but ant behavior is controlled by swarm logic--put 10,000 dumb ants together, and they become smart. They will calculate the shortest routes to food supplies sniffing out pheromone signals from other ants and Johnson says people do the same thing in cities using low-level interactions of people on the street." --Alex Cukan, "Stories of modern science," United Press International, October 8, 2001
   /\___/\