Benoit Renard wrote:
asmpgmr wrote:
I don't like tabs either and see them as a pointless waste of screen
space when the OS already has window management and its own taskbar
which can be hidden

The taskbar becomes less efficient the more buttons it has. Having tabs means that your taskbar is not cluttered with tons of windows. Windows XP has a band-aid for this, but it doesn't work that well because it doesn't know the context of each window.

Plus, with tabs, I can rearrange them with drag&drop. Something that Windows couldn't do with its taskbar until Windows 7!

Tabs also seem to use more resources

This is wrong. A tab is one more instance of a viewport, and that's it. With an additional window, much more needs to be duplicated.

each of those instances require the use of cache to maintain that instance (or page) in memory. That amount of memory to go to that page is added to cache then you click to go somewhere else, that add to a tab, okay that pages contents text graphics everything is added to piece of cache memory, and so on. Taking a snap shot if you will takes memory

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com