Paul B. Gallagher wrote
I think it's dysfunctional to have a download process complete silently
without telling me it succeeded, or worse yet, stall silently without
telling me there's a problem. I don't know when I can go open the file,
or if it's even there.

I think neither the Download Manager nor download progress windows are the best way to address that, but YMMV (i.e. it shouldn't stop anyone from improving download progress windows). For me Download Statusbar has always been the best way to visualize downloads (including progress and status) and to open/show them. Since SM2 now supports the back-end that newer versions of DSB require it was quite easy to port it; should be available shortly.

Greetings,

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>