Chris Ilias wrote:
On 10-02-09 5:10 AM, BJ wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
This newsgroup is not an accurate representation of the SeaMonkey
userbase.

How do you know that?

Seriously, unless you took a poll of the userbase with a question like
"Do you think posters on the SM NG represent your concerns", and the
majority answered "No", your statement is purely anecdotal. Intuitive,
maybe (and that's arguable), nevertheless it's anecdotal and not founded
on factual evidence.

In addition to Phillip and Robert's answers, I'd also like to add that I did test this once. In this newsgroup, the reaction to the tab preview feature in SeaMonkey 1.1 was very negative. I did a poll on seamonkey.ilias.ca, asking if users liked the new feature, and the "yes" answers won.

Plus, I don't think that's the point anyway (in debate lingo, your
statement would be called a "Red Herring"). Rufus's argument is based on
the valid notion that posters here have legitimate issues (which I don't
think you disagree with).

His argument is that the users here are the best user experience people for SeaMonkey.

My argument is that the collective opinions of any userbase in any discussion forum is the best dataset for user experience, and that to ignore it - in any venue - is folly in the long run. No matter what your "hired gun" may say.

--
     - Rufus