On 2014-05-24, 10:32 PM, Mort wrote:
A tech service transferred files from my old Win XP to my new Win 7 Pro.
In so doing, my personal profile in XP was corrupted. It will only start
and function in default profile. The store geek said that I do not need
my personal profile, and that the default one works fine. My cruising
the net suggests otherwise, but was not clear.

Is it important that I get my personal profile corrected, or is it OK to
just work with a default profile?

Any advice will be appreciated.

* You don't need to edit files in your profile folder. Just use the instructions at <http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring>.

* Show him a copy of this message, and ask for your money back. Transferring data should never result in corruption of data.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator