On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 04:57:15PM +0100, VolodyA! V Anarhist wrote:
> Evan Daniel wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM, VolodyA! V
> > Anarhist<volo...@whengendarmesleeps.org> wrote:

> >> He has stated that the network does not allow "P2P applications" running
> >> Freenet
> >> as pure darknet will technically be "F2F", now we can start arguing
> >> whether F2F
> >> is a subset of P2P or a distinctly different thing. But if we accept that
> >> F2F
> >> and P2P are different, then people who haven't enabled Opennet are
> >> actually not
> >> violating that particular network's guidelines.
> >
> > Except that it's really, really obvious that friends are a subset of
> > peers.  See definition of peers.  In a computing context, peers is as
> > distinct from client/server etc.  This is a silly argument, and any
> > sysadmin will (rightly) tell you you're an idiot if you try to make
> > it.
> >
> > Evan Daniel
>
> The issue with my university was that P2P applications do not let anybody
> control who connects to your computer. Each person has to be responsible for
> the
> connections being made to the machine. Clearly F2F network is *not* a subset
> of
> P2P under that light. So many users will (rightly) call you an idiot (since
> we
> were not discussing peers and friends, but P2P and F2F).
>
>                 - Volodya

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you. You control who your node
connect with, but you *don't* control what goes through your node.

You can control your friends, you cannot control friends of your
friends.

So we might consider that, _in the case of Freenet_, F2F is P2P, it's
just extremely more difficult to censor.