Ryan,

Nothing personal, huh?

I guess you don't have any ancestors who walked the Trail of Death or the
Trail
of Tears or have relatives who are members of the Lost Nation as a result of
domestic policies of tyranny.

And those walking the continent today are supposed to feel as if we've
benefitted because what? Because the national record of births was forever
altered from its natural course at the point of a sword or in advance of
flying lead?

So your or my life today is more important than those lives that were never
permitted to be, or the lives that were erased from the Earth, all due to
the radically misguided zealots of the day and their
abject policies of superiority?

"Benefitted" from genocide? You have adopted a distorted definition of the
word
"benefit" laddie, when you wrap it around and base it upon something as
permanently
destructive as genocide.

And the rest of your thought processes are akin to a 50 car freight that
jumped tracks at full throttle - contorted and twisted. The world wouldn't
have a 40 hour work week without genocide? The world wouldn't have internal
combustion engines without genocide? Refrigeration without genocide? Sulfa
drugs and penicillin without genocide? Genocide was necessary in order to
create the industrial fabric that would halt genocide in future centuries?

Nothing personal, huh?

Wrong. Such foolishness is extremely personal - and symbols, winks and nods
laced into a text message don't manage to make such comments any less
insulting or their distribution any less destructive.

As for your statement that "one cannot judge history by modern
standards...?"  Go back and read your post. That is exactly what you are
doing - using your "modern" standards as a ruler to justify genocide, or at
least diminutize its consequences.

As for bringing democracy to other nations? If you're going to reference
history at least have the decency to do so accurately. The Arab region once
had a fledgling
democracy, until Britain and the US undercut it to keep the oil fields from
being
nationalized. Do yourself and everyone else a favor by conductin a quick
internet search for "Mossadegh," or try
http://www.jebhemelli.org/Mosadegh/English-Mosadegh.htm.

[If you really want to get serious, have a go at other democracies and
social constructs that were decimated during the Eisenhower years. Murder
and Mayhem, Incorporated for the last 50 years in numerous instances as a
result of American subversion.]

You also seem to think that Arab nations are somehow second rate. Lest you
forget, the nations of Islam had libraries and universities centuries before
their was a centralized "christian" church. And maybe the
only reason they don't seem to be up to an acceptable speed by your
standards is that every hundred years arrogant
nationalists/corporatists/colonists and religious zealots with
multi-national armies to support them keep pillaging and marauding them back
their very foundations.

Maybe you too would get a bit weary of having to rebuild your country every
century, or sometimes more frequently. Perhaps you too would get virulently
angry with always being forced to wear the yoke and plow as demanded by
"colonial imperialism."

Or would you just nod your head dutifully in acquiescence that scorched
earth policies
are necessary for the greater good of everyone else? That the erradication
and subjagation of the few is necessary in order to secure the oppulence,
avarice and excess of the many?

Bullshit!!! - and with no apology.

Todd Swearingen