Yes, Unbelievable, huh?  I heard this on NPR this morning and then read the story online (it was picked up by the AP)  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050823/ap_on_re_us/ robertson_assassination

This guy (I'm being nice) ran for president as a Republican, in 1988.  I just don't think his (lack of) morals and right wing rationale are very different from GW Bush.  Some say they are good friends.  He endorsed GH Bush in '88 and is a huge fan of Ronald Reagan's policies.

According to Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson
"He is a Southern Baptist and was an ordained minister with that denomination for many years, but holds to a Pentecostal theology"
Their M.O. is something like Judge, judge, punish, judge punish, ignore our hippocracy...In my first-hand experience, (I'm from South Carolina) pentecostals pick and choose the parts of the Bible that they take literally...

One of the beauties of our US first amendment guarantee to free speech is that loonies and crackpots like Pat Robertson are more than happy to hang themselves in public by opening their mouths.

All this right-wing talk of 'taking out' President Chavez couldn't have anything to do with his plans to "increase state control over the oil industry," could it?  i.e. nationalizing oil would decrease profits for big US oil corporations...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1713761.stm

What mental hospital let this Robertson out too early? Does US not
have the money to treat their "basket cases" in proper facilities?

Hakan

--
Thanks,
PC

He's the kind of a guy who lights up a room just by flicking a switch