Tom,

 > So what am I missing?

Could it be the fact that the "commander in chief" was so serious about
it and he had to be talked out of it by the leader of another nation?

That it was but a handful of syllables from becoming a reality?

That this is the type of mind in control of an arsenal of nuclear weapons?

That it's the same mindset that kept planned for war in advance of and
in lieu of accurate intelligence, even to the point of courting the UN
while  having already calculated a departure date?

Uhhhh...., maybe you would care to rephrase that question?

Todd Swearingen

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."