Since we are speaking of modern classics.. I guess that should include games
that seem to fetch alot on Ebay as well. Any of you have a clue about SSI's
Rites of War and Microprose's Master of Magic(which in my books would be a
modern classic, fabulous game) and why they are so expensive? I wont tell
what I paid for a new but opened Rites of War last night. And the MoM's seem
to fetch at least 40-50$, despite the fact that they are pretty new, 95 or
97? Dont quite remember but must have been around then.

As for collectors edtions.. hmm, I guess Vampire the Masquerade Collectors
ed should be mentioned as well. I like the game, you get a light version of
a cluebook, The book of Nod(pretty sure this was not in the regular
release), and a pendant, a bit like the Ultima IV Ankh.

Diablo 2 was mentioned as well.. even though I never got around to get the
Collectors ed while I was still playing, I guess I will do it someday, to
honor the game I played so much. Eventually sold off my accounts last week
for $290.

I was/am an Ultima Online player, and never cared much for Everquest.
However, this golden tin box edtion is not bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070990101&category=11050

/Stefan