Quoting Neonard0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> but I have not heard you guys talk about
> performance, I think the most important thing is to think if the
> performance will slow down by using X template system,

I'm not a pro-templating system person - but this argument is usually
void.  Caching (either of a compiled template at the templating layer,
or by symfony itself) will negate this problem.

Infact, this whole topic is a complete waste of time, it's had over
and over again in every corner of the internet.

I don't want to use a templating lanauge, so I don't - if you do want
to use one - go ahead :)

What I will add though, if that PHP absolutly does not need *yet
another* templating language built IMO - there's so many out there, if
you cna't find one that suits your needs, perhaps your needs are mad,
or you're not looking hard enough....

Anyway, can we end the  'my templating language is better then yours',
and the 'why even bother, php is a templating language' discussion,
this is not the place for it.  This is the symfony-dev list, it's for
symfony development.