On 21/10/2014 12:06, Brad Neuhauser wrote:
I agree with Matthjis--I don't see much of a clearly defined and widely agreed on difference between the two. Given that, and the small usage of shopping_centre, I agree with should deprecate shopping_centre.

Just chipping in to say that 'mall' is still considered a foreign word in Britain. The OED defines it thus:

'Chiefly N. Amer., Austral., and N.Z. A shopping precinct or street closed to vehicles; a large (usually covered) shopping centre'.

--
Steve

---
is active.