On 14/07/2015 18:23, Daniel Koć wrote:
Hi,

We're about to abandon rendering highway=proposed in the osm-carto (default OSM map style), but we think it's still good to show those which are closer to be really constructed:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1654

Is highway=planned a good choice to be rendered instead or some other tagging scheme would be better?

If you're going to decide to not render "highway=proposed" then just make that decision - if you render "planned" instead, people who want their pet schemes to be rendered will just change "proposed" to "planned" and carry on as before, just as when "abandoned" railways somehow magically became "disused" when "abandoned" was no longer rendered. Some of the "proposed" highways* are clearly just flights of fancy with no timescale or money behind them. Unlike with abandoned railways, there's no dirty great scar on the ground to see, so they're not easily verifiably either.

Cheers,

Andy

* like http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/290450974/history