sent from a phone

> On 7. May 2020, at 16:26, lukas-...@web.de wrote:
>
> But maybe I will start a proposal with attraction=carillon for tagging
> carillons which are operated as an attraction, but then the definition of
> that has to be very clear, I think.

I am all for tagging carillons, if you like with all the details like material,
number of bells, melodies that are commonly played and at which times, etc.,
but please do not use the “attraction” key. tourism=attraction is a
questionable tag (how would it be verified/what is an objective criterion on
distinguish between something being or not yet, an attraction?), and it does
generally more harm than help to describe the world (because it renders a name
and many people are not encouraged to push it further and actually describe
what the thing is).

Just leave it open whether a carillon is an attraction or not, and map: “here’s
a carillon”. Suitable keys I would examine could be amenity or man_made, there
could also be a property like carillon=yes/no to indicate there’s a carillon at
a place (e.g. a tower).
If you are interested in tagging additional detail it seems better to create a
distinct object than adding a property to something else.

Cheers Martin