On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 8:07 AM Davidoskky via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> On 13/10/22 10:15, Warin wrote:
> > I see no point in depreciating anything at the moment .. 'we' need a
> > solution first before even thinking of depreciation.
>
> I do agree and appreciate this approach. A solution for tagging
> man_made=drinking_fountain already exists, that is fountain=bubbler.

Though, and I'm not entirely sure if the post made it to the list or not
since it had a picture attached to it, as previously mentioned, this isn't
ideal by a long stretch. Bubblers run continuously by design, and shoot
straight up, so they're also continuously washing themselves.  Drinking
fountains are switch or knob operated and shoot at an angle.