> On 18 Oct 2016, at 08:05, Steve Doerr <doerr.step...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/10/2016 21:47, Greg wrote:
>> I think the most useful link would probably be one that loads the OSM
>> node/way in JOSM using the remote control function in the same way that the
>> suggested matches map links do. Obviously you’d have to put the address
>> details into JOSM manually, but you could use the FHRS links on nearby blue
>> dots to find these.
> Thanks, Greg. I'm afraid the JOSM link would not be of use to me, as I'm a
> Potlatch user, but I realize I can't have the tool specifically tailored to
> me, so if JOSM is the predominant editor I guess that's where you will want
> to focus your attention.

It’s possible to have an edit link that caters for everyone’s favourite editor
by not specifying the editor, and then the osm.org website will use your
preferences to go to the correct editor whether that be potlatch 1, potlatch 2,
iD (default), or remote control (JOSM or Merkaartor). e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=18/52.04638/1.15906 is not editor

Talk-GB mailing list