On 04/10/2016 16:15, Dan S wrote:
Hi,

"Horses for courses" is certainly correct - but let me comment: please
don't rely on website=* as a way for people to get hold of further
info. Even if the establishment continues to exist, many small places
have websites that vanish, or are stolen, or are full of incorrect
info. I've discovered this in my OSM work, finding that many
faithfully-added website=* had to be removed mere months later when
the websites vanished :(

I've found the main problem with websites is their designers. Changing page addresses by the smallest detail, such as adding/removing .aspx & even /#. Bloody annoying. I use keep-right to update them, but it's a really annoying job to have to do.

(Also, of course the info isn't available in a structured form if it's
spread over a bag of websites, so it's not available for query filters
etc)

True

The info I'd love to have is address (especially housenumber and
postcode) and opening_hours

I suspect open hours are the most ephemeral data. Best left on the website IMO.

Dave F.