To clarify, I'm on Verdy's side regarding the calendar dispute (not that I
follow it closely). Third-party developers should improve their wiki parsers,
not impose restrictions on pages.

But I don't like the introduction of microformats to the calendar template,
which he made. It made reading and updating the template source harder. See the
example and discussion:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template_talk:Calendar#What_happened_to_the_template.3F.21

I find it strange that one month Verdy makes the template harder to use for the
sake of some software, and the next he's complaining because other people do
the same.

Also, many of his changes are actually good. But the number of edits is so
high, nobody will verify all of these. This is similar to imports to OSM:
potentially good, but hard to assess. Imports and automatic edits should be
discussed — so why not mass wiki edits?

Finally, Verdy has edited so many pages on tagging, he's probably considering
himself an expert on tagging. And he is appearing in proposal discussions,
enforcing the "librarian" point of view: that accepted proposals are set in
stone, that wiki supersedes actual mapping practices. That just looks weird and
sidetracks discussions.

Ilya