On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Éric Gillet <gill3t.3ric+...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> [Philippe Verdy's] number of edits makes his work virtually unverifyable
>> and unrevertable.
>>

> OSM is a do-o-cracy; blaming people (especially people investing a lot of
> time) for their implication is not the way to go.

Meritocracy.  And I've personally struggled with this, especially with what
is more or less the smear of trunks in North America, and my well
publicised opinion of what should qualify for trunk on my continent.

Lesser so on the slow simmering edit battle for the name=* tag.  Kinda feel
like things like name=British Columbia Highway 99 shouldn't have a name=*
value at all, in favor of ref=BC 99 (currently mapped as the name tag above
and ref=99 as of last check).  This is even internally confusing as the
Transcanada Highway values for 1 and 16 are not identified as BC highways,
but as TCH highways.  So I'd be inclined as mapping the former as ref=BC 99
without a name, and 1 and 16 as ref=CA 1 and ref=CA 16 with name=* values
reflecting their proper names, not their highway numbers. Sask suffers
similar issues, what with the Sask Trunk and Sask Provincial highways (75
automatically comes to mind thanks to Emerson; but maybe they have a Texas
thing going on with a multitude of state highway systems of differing
priority).  I get that the (relatively informal) Transcanada Highway system
is closest to the US Highway System and what provincial highways are and
that there's literally no Interstate equivalent in Canada or Mexico.  But
having the entire continent on a coherent understanding would be
appreciated.