On 10 May 2020 at 14:35 Andrew Savchenko wrote and made these points

>> This  shows  a lot of activity reading and writing the account_log.txt

AS> I have no such file. Searching this mailing list returns two results,
AS> one from Gwen back in October 2019 and another one from David Elliot 9
AS> days ago. This makes me think writing to "account_log.txt" is optional
AS> and can be disabled.

I found this:

> The Bat! v6.0.0.19 BETA is available at
... <snip>
> [*] Account log is now saved to ACCOUNT_LOG.TXT, not to
> ACCOUNT.LOG as before (Alpha issue)

I will look for more ways to reduce the traffic to this log. I already
found  and  turned off the account "Verbose Logging" toggle. It didn't
improve anything.

AS> Perhaps try launching Bat directly from CMD or PowerShell:
AS> `./thebat64.exe` without flags.

I  don't  load  with flags anyway, but this instance has been executed
from  cmd.  No  change  in  starting  this reply - a long pause and an
unresponsive window.

AS> Next, give a go to `/STARTUP_TIMING_LOG` and `/BENCHMARK_STARTUP_TIME`.
AS> Former will create "ex_log.txt" file to analyse.

While  I  could  do  this, I'm not getting the relevance. TB starts up
smoothly  in  a  couple  of  seconds.  The only lag I get in the whole
system  is  when I open a new message edit window - either for a reply
or a new message.

--
Cheers -- Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v9.1.18.3 (BETA) on Windows 10.0.18362